This is the cottage that my maternal grandparents lived in. I stayed with them when I was on holidays from boarding school. My bedroom was to the right of the photo out of shot. The house was originally built about 600 years ago and had been added to many times over the centuries. My grandparents bought it in a state of great disrepair and turned it into a delightful home. It was surrounded by farmland and I would often wake to the lowing of cattle. If you went out the back gate you found yourself in a small wood which, in spring, was covered in bluebells and primroses. The house was quite isolated and my grandparents moved when it became too much for them. They have been dead nigh on 20 years and my brother recently went back to look at the old place and the woods and fields have gone and new subdivisions surround it. The cool change has come through and life is much more pleasant although the temperatures will soar again by the middle of the week.
Today is the last day of Himself's holidays. And I go back to work on Wednesday. We are both a bit glum today.
Two and NGF are at the movies and Three is on his way home from work. I am planning chicken satay (thank you Mr Kantong!) and fried rice for dinner. The meat and veges have been chopped, rice cooked and chicken marinating for the rice. All I have to do now is cook it.
I hope to catch up with The Mermaid tomorrow otherwise a bludgy day. Might go to the movies. Three has Tuesday and Wednesday off and we plan to spend some time together on Tuesday and mull over his future. I think he his feeling a bit lost as his final exam results were not what he hoped for and he's not sure what to do this year. Also, Two had commanded quite a bit of our attention and Three is probably feeling a bit left out. It doesn't matter how old they are you still have to spread yourself around!
I can't find out if I can password protect my entries but I think I can have a blog which can only be read by people whose emails I list somewhere. I'll have a fiddle with it later in the week.
A couple of you, at least, have commented unfavourably on opendiary. Can someone tell me exactly what the problem was? And, MizS, I have done something with a setting somewhere which may let you do that thing you wanted to do!! As you can tell, I am very poorly educated with these things so bear with me as I learn how to drive this.
Have a good week.
The main problem I had with open diary was the incredible number of ads and pop-ups that I got whenever I went there. Also, that weird commenting interface where you could only leave a 400 character comment. Also, I was never able to figure out a way to go to your newest entry first. The main page seemed to be your bio, not your newest entry. Maybe I was just stupid and couldn't figure it out. I don't know, it just didn't have that elegant, simple look that Typepad or Blogger has. I'm so picky!
ReplyDeleteI will go and see if I can add you to my bloglines now.
Yes, I added you to my bloglines. Now I will never miss a post!
ReplyDeleteThe cottage is gorgeous. I'm assuming it was in England? So, wait, did you grow up in Australia or the UK? Maybe you holiday'd in the UK?