Sunday, 13 January 2008

A big week ahead.

Today Himself and I tidied the place up a bit. Not that it was really bad but it looks a bit more presentable for the bank person and the vendor's advocate who are coming tomorrow morning and evening respectively. We realise that there are some things that will have to be done before we can put the place on the market. Three's bedroom needs painting and there are bits and pieces that need patching throughout the place. The carpets are pretty tired. I don't know whether we should replace them with cheap ones or just get some rugs to cover the worst stains (a tip: don't put cream carpet in a house with bulimic cats or clumsy men or blokes who don't understand the concept of taking muddy boots OFF before walking on said carpet). This is why we are getting the advocate in. They will tell us what to do to maximise what we get without overcapitalising.

Tomorrow the agent managing the estate is back from holidays. I am expecting a call from him around lunch time tomorrow and we will work out a time to go down and sign things. After he has answered a loooong list of questions Himself has prepared.

Next Sunday is my mother's 80th birthday. Other Brother and Mrs Other are coming down and we are all going out for lunch on Saturday. Dr Teacher is organising it.

We had a look at furniture today. Realistically I'm not sure what we will be able to afford to replace. It will depend on what we get for this place. But it's fun to look and dream.

Running in the morning.

Now I'm off to read a while.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment