Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Still brewing

For those that could care less ... I am still brewing this cold. It could go either way. I have the sore itchy throat, itchy eyes and occasional sniffle. and a dull headache.

Because I have SOME fitness left I just might be able to shake it off. That is if I can get a decent night's sleep. Last night Tom played silly buggers at 3 in the morning and I finally managed to let him out and closed the bedroom door so he couldn't get back in. So he did whatever he wanted to do outside (no gifts from the mighty hunter this morning, thank gawd) and then sat and gently and persistently 'knocked' on the bedroom door until some time around 6 he managed to open it. Was THAT a proud cat or what. He jumped on the bed and purred and chirruped at me. Until I got up.

Today is going to be around 30C and tonight should get down to around 19 but then tomorrow and Friday will be in the low 40s. With a hot night tomorrow. Yuck.

We have a vendor's advocate coming to talk to us about selling this place on Monday evening. Not sure what a VA does but I'll be sure to let you know. Himself organised it.

And I shall now take my sore throat and snuffles off to work. I'm not looking for sympathy around this place!! As Fireman Sam says "If you want sympathy you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis". Bloody men!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the cold does not develop into something fullblown. Oops didn't really mean that pun! And just wait till the males get sick and remind them of the quote on sympathy. LOL

    ReplyDelete