And this morning was one of them.
Himself and Three had left to go across town on a dry run to see how long it will take Three to get to work if he gets the new job he's being interviewed for on Wednesday (more on that later). I was sitting here and Emma (remember her? She and One were an item for 5 minutes last year ... they work together) wandered through. OK. I know that they still go out from time to time and a few times she has crashed here after they've been out. She has a cracked rib and I gave her some panadol. Then Himself rang to say that LGF (remember HER? She and One were an item forever until he broke up with her last year and they have stayed friends) had texted Three asking him to "wake up his drunken brother". Three told her he couldn't because he wasn't home and she replied that that was OK as she'd wake him herself when she got here. I went through and woke One and was telling him this and as I got to the bit about LGF waking him when she got here I turned around ... and there she was!!
One had a very bemused look on his face!!!! When I told him the two girls were out the back having a cigarette he looked as if the sky was about to fall in. I think he's in deep shit. The rest of the family and Fireman Sam and Gina (I texted him - of course, I did!!) think it's hysterical. And now LGF is driving Emma home (with One in the car as well!) and then she and One are spending the day together. Apparently One was meant to be at LGF's place at 8.00 this morning only he didn't get HOME til 8.00 this morning!! And he thought LGF had cancelled the arrangement but she said she hadn't. Whatever. I'd love to be a fly on THAT wall!
Himself and I went down to have another look and the estate on the golf course and have chosen a house. Suze and Neil kindly offered to give us a cheque for $5,000 (which I would reimburse as soon as I got home) so we could put a holding deposit down but the person manning the sales office didn't have the paperwork or something and can't do anything until the proper agent gets back from holidays on the 14th. She assured us that the place won't be sold until we get the opportunity to get the paperwork done. This gives us some breathing space to have a good think about it and organise finance and the like.
I love the estate and the houses are very attractive. It would be a complete lifestyle change which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's 25 minutes away from where we are at the moment and one of my fears is that One and Two won't come and visit because they will think it's too far away. Silly thinking, I know. Also, it's a move that once made cannot be unmade as we would not be able to afford to move back into this area. We are counting on the fact that this is a better area from a property price perspective to enable us to move with a lower mortgage (or even none but that's unlikely). When I was pregnant with Two we moved to an outer suburb and it was a disaster. I guess that experience is influencing how I feel about this potential move.
I am worried that I have some ambivalent feelings about this but I suppose it's good that I'm not all "lalalalala this is fantastic and perfect and wonderful and everything will be rosy" which would be a recipe for disappointment.
We are going to go back down again today and have another look around.
So I'd better go and get dressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment