Friday, 4 January 2008

Ouch!

Up to the park this morning. I managed three laps without stopping which is good. Frustrating that I am pushing to do three but Fireman Sam did tell me ages ago that we lose our cardiac fitness very quickly and I didn't really do much in December so I guess it will take me time to get back up to 5 laps. Plus I'm doing this on my own and one never pushes oneself as hard as someone else does.

Like a lot of overweight women (and maybe men for all I know) I have experienced the agony of chafing. A couple of years ago when Himself and I went to Far North Queensland for a holiday we would walk for hours along the beach and one day my thighs were so badly chafed they were bleeding (TMI, sorry!). Yesterday on the x trainer my inner upper arm started to sting a bit from being rubbed on my T shirt. I need a tshirt with different sleeves, I think. This morning I started to sting under the left boob. I wasn't sure if it was my bra or the heart moniter strap. When I got home and was making breakfast I noticed that there was what looked like a muddy smudge across the front of my tshirt. This was strange as I had only done stretches and ab work lying on my back and when I investigated I found that I had been bleeding under the left boob from where the bra had chafed when I was running. Not much but combined with the sweat it left a decent sized smear. Does this mean my bra is too tight or too loose? At least it's now the weekend and I won't be running again until probably Tuesday as I have decided to alternate Xtrainer and running weeks ... MWF Xtrainer one week and then MWF running the next. Unless we get really, really hot nights again and then I'll probably skip the park and stay indoors.

What a waffly entry!

I am off to a different hospital this morning to learn how to take air sampling. Then back to my usual hospital and then THE WEEKEND! Himself and I are planning to go and have a chat to someone at the sales office of the estate I was telling you about last weekend. And then maybe some golf although it's supposed to be hot. A walk or a bike ride and maybe some reading.

MizS has reminded me that I need to get my eyes checked. I am about due for a normal checkup but I am supposed to be having 6 monthly pressure checks as my mother has glaucoma and the pressure in one of my eyes has been a bit on the high side. And I sort of didn't get the last 6 month check done so I really should make that appointment. And the dentist. And the mammogram now that I am over 50. And I really must see a podiatrist as my feet are not in good shape and I am depending on them a lot right now. A massage would be nice, too!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I also need to do the mammogram AND A COLONOSCOPY. Yuck. This age-related maintenance is very time-consuming.

    ReplyDelete