Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Happy Days!

After my rather bleak post yesterday I got up this morning and did three laps of the park. I did two, stretched a bit and then did a third. I wasn't trying to break records, just ease back into it. My back seemed a bit dodgy as I felt as if I was running on an angle. I thought about doing a fourth lap but the track was getting busy and I don't like running with too many people. Where were those bastards when I was out in the freezing cold in the middle of winter? Wussy sods!

I did a lot of walking at work. I reckon I must have walked all over the hospital at least three times! And when I got home I walked for another 90 minutes. Came home and had a chicken salad followed by fresh mango and some yummy icecream and am now about to toddle off to bed.

And the bestest bit? In the past I would have given all this away because of Christmas and gaining a couple of kilos over the weeks and then not feeling able to start back at my previous running level. Today I relished in the feeling of moving again and am loving the stiffness in my muscles.

I did receive the ubiquitous Weight Watchers post Christmas invitation and felt the familiar tingle of anticipation at the thought of new menus and all the pretty writing and pretty pictures and promises of things if only I'd sign up and give them another go. And then I realised that what I'm doing works. I don't feel as if I'm on a diet. I don't count calories or points or anything like that and I LOVE the way I feel.

As I said ... happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment