Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Back to work

Tomorrow I'm back to work. I will get up at 5.30 and go for a run.

I am having shocking anxiety attacks but that's normal for this time of year and too much wine imbibed over the past couple of weeks.

Fireman Sam came over and started to show me how to use the Polar running computer. It's not as difficult as it looks but just the thought of using it triggers further anxiety. He is going away again for a fortnight leaving on Saturday. I don't know why I feel so dependent on him but I am terrified that I will lose everything I have achieved over the past 7 months. Not that the last month has been anything to write home about.

I think I will head off to bed and see if I can get a good night's sleep. The plans I had for a relaxing break didn't eventuate but I'm not surprised. This isn't a relaxing time of year and I miss my routine.

Not a very uplifting New Year's Day post but it's how I'm feeling at the moment and it would be dishonest for me to pretend otherwise when I use this as a way of checking back to see where I've been in the past and how far I've come.

Happy New Year, anyway!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, my friend. You continue to inspire me.

    The wine thing will be easier when your routine gets back to normal. Is it already tomorrow there? If so, I hope your first day back at work was quiet and easy.

    ReplyDelete