Yesterday I sat. And stretched. And rolled the golf ball.
And emptied out the pantry.
Two came over and I took him down to The Mermaid's new shop to buy stuff for a get together he and GGF are having this evening. They are house-sitting for her godmother and are having a few friends over before they do the final cleanup tomorrow. I feel very sorry for those two. They have house-sat for this person before but this time it was for a whole month and she had neglected to tell them that she had agreed to let a series of other people stay there as well. So not only were they house-sitting they were acting as unofficial and unpaid house keepers. NONE of the house guests cleaned up or changed their bed linen. And one family took over the house so that Two and GGF were confined to their room. They couldn't even watch telly. They won't be house-sitting for this person again in a hurry!!
Himself came home a bit early and we went out and bought Two and GGF a barbecue. Just a small, inexpensive one to use this evening (the barbecue at the house they are sitting is filthy) and then one they can use in their miniscule garden at home which will be great as their flat is tiny and doesn't have very good ventilation for cooking smells. I know that Two and GGF are struggling a bit financially and he hates asking for money so I try to help out in other ways. Like giving him a whole lot of food out of the pantry I emptied with some lame excuse like noone else eating tomato soup or drinking Milo. Which is sort of true.
Himself had been to look at flooring and we have found some we like. It's bamboo! Apparently harder than most (if not all) Australian hardwood so perfect for the kitchen and it looks very nice, too.
My feet are better. Last evening it felt as if I had a nasty toothache in my left foot and it's still a bit sore today but I can walk on it. My back, however, is not very happy so will have to go and stretch it out.
I went to my optometrist this morning. My distance vision has improved but my close vision has deteriorated. That is to be expected as we age and explains why I was tending to look over the top of my glasses. I have chosen new frames (Gucci, thankyouverymuch) and am quite looking forward to getting them in a couple of weeks. I am amazed at what a pleasure it was choosing frames for a slimmer face. And I have chosen frames which actually draw attention to my face. Another plus was that I have thick corneas!!! "WTF?" I hear you say. When I was 36 my mother was diagnosed with glaucoma and so I started getting the pressure checked in my eyes as there is a strong hereditary link with glaucoma. The pressures were always a bit high and I have had them regularly checked and have had vision field tests and other tests done to make sure I wasn't experiencing any optic nerve damage (which is the inevitable, irreversible consequence of untreated glaucoma). My lovely, geeky optometrist has a new gadget which measures the thickness of the cornea because studies have shown that thicker corneas return higher pressure readings which aren't a true reflection of the ocular pressure. So, whilst the pressure in my eyes is still at the higher end of normal, it IS normal. So I don't have to have them checked again in 6 months, I get to wait for 12 months before he puts those horrible drops in my eyes!
Off to clean out the linen press so himself and fix the shelf, patch a hole and I can make it look neat and tidy.
Things are happening, folks, things are happening.
Two's house sitting gig sounds awful. I hope that they were at least getting paid something.
ReplyDeleteTake care of that foot.