I went out to the other hospital and learned how to sample air.
It's not rocket science but involves a bit more than breathing.
Whilst out there with my boss's boss (who therefore must be my bossier boss ... or something) I learned that they (my two bosses) are more than happy with me. And that my tenure will finish in September cos the person I am covering WILL be back. And when I got back to work she rang (and THAT was a weird moment ... I haven't heard from her in weeks) and in the course of the conversation she reiterated what I had already had confirmed earlier today. Which I knew was a distinct probability seeing as we were looking at secondments and all but I had hoped she wouldn't come back.
So ... Good? I am appreciated and valued where I am and I love the job I'm doing.
Bad? Will have to go back where I came from.
Not so bad? It could be a lot worse! I don't hate where I came from and it's still early days.
Later
Himself and I went out for dinner. Just to the local pub. It was nice to just ... be. We didn't walk as the temperature was still pushing high 30s (degrees C)! Now to fiddle around on the net before bed.
Much later
We talked about the potential ramifications of my job and I need to remember that I didn't hate what I was doing THAT much!!! Even though a tear or two of frustration just might have been shed.
Tomorrow we are going to have a closer look at the estate I've mentioned over the past week or so. The sales office is finally open.
More tomorrow.
I think it's exciting that you're going to the sales office. This is for the homes that overlook the golf course, right?
ReplyDeleteToo bad that your job is finite, but my guess is that it may lead to other opportunities, especially if the bosses are happy with you.