Monday, 17 July 2023

Another day in Paradise



What can I say?

We took the dogs for a wander along the North Arm. 






Pelicans! There would have to have been at least a dozen of them



 
And then I came home and baked brownies from a recipe in the local paper. They are still too warm to cut but the house smells delicious!



A recent report on a robbery at a fast food restaurant made me giggle. Do journos get taught anything about writing? Does nobody proof read any more? 

"Each time the teens, who were armed with knives, made off with cash and intimidated staff."


13 comments:

  1. I’m convinced journos these days just cut and past. They don’t proof read and they don’t fact check.
    Brownies look yummy. Might have to pop in one day soon and have one. Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome.
      We could have a blogger convention in Lakes!

      Delete
  2. Oh the poor intimidated staff, Laughing Out Loud. That's a really basic mistake.
    Your new area looks fantastic for walking. And nice and flat too?
    I'm sure you don't need to be told to....
    enjoy those brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of hills but being on the water there are lots of lovely walking tracks on the flat. I plan to get fit enough to climb the hills.
      The brownies are the best I've made.

      Delete
  3. This sounds idyllic. Except for the intimidation factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous place. No intimidation here, thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. Give the poor junior journalist lad from the sub continent a chance. He expression of English improve will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice to live near the water. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Pixie. But you live in a glorious part of the world, too.

      Delete
  6. Weird that the armed teens would make off with the intimidated staff as well as the cash, ha ha.
    That walk along the beach and seeing the boats looks wonderful. I've been thinking of making brownies for days now and your picture tells me today is the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very delicious. I use brown sugar so they are fudgy.

    ReplyDelete