Tuesday, 25 July 2023

The Cast

 Boud commented that she doesn't really know who's who and it made me realise it has been a while since I have explained the participants in the play that is "Life and Times of SparklingMerlot"


So here we go. Some names are noms de plume and some are those given by parents. I like to mix things up and they are not as obvious as may initially appear.

SparklingMerlot ... me, born 1956

Himself ... the husband of 46 years, born 1949 (god he's old)

Stepson ... born 1973, very close to his brothers and for that I can't be happier. He is married to a wonderful woman and they have raised two amazing kids that were sired by another but to whom he is dad. His mother and I got on well, all things considered. We referred to ourselves and wives in law. She sadly died from melanoma way too early.

One ... firstborn son (1988)

Ebs ... his wife

Lily ... their firstborn

Ivy ... their second daughter

Two ... middlest son (who was really upset when he realised that being the middlest wasn't a thing)

Mads ... his wife

Audrey ... first kid

Billie ... second daughter

Henry ... gorgeous son (and first grandson)

Three ... the kid I had just for me who is probably the closest because that is his personality

Amy ... his wife

Sally ... our first granddaughter

Alice ... their second daughter 

Here are the grandchildren in order of birth, not family ...

Sally, Lily, Audrey, Ivy, Billie, Alice, Henry.

I have two brothers ... Other Brother born 1958 and Dr Teacher born 1963

Other Brother is married to Fave sis in law (sometimes Mrs other)and Dr Teacher is married to Mrs Teacher (cos she is married to him and was a teacher. This is his second marriage and if you go back far enough in this blog his first wife might also appear and be referred to as a Mrs Teacher but she rarely appears here so wife #2 is Mrs T. Confused yet). Any reference to nephews are the offspring of Dr T and wife #1.

The Mermaid is our oldest friend. 

I could go on but I am confused so I hate to think what you are feeling! Please let me know if you need clarification. 



18 comments:

  1. "Neighbours" was getting tiresome. It's nigh time for a new Australian soap - "The Merlots". You have already created the cast list. On second thoughts, it might be a sitcom... or a crime drama series. Of course you would be played by that pretty Aussie wench - Margot Robbie. Himself would be played by Paul Hogan - now aged 83.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a cast. I'm surprised to find you are younger than me, I had it in my head your were older. I must have you confused with someone else, but who?
    Do you ever do family reunions and have the whole crowd all together at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How old are you, River? I am intrigued now! We used to do big family Christmases but then boys married and had kids so not any more. It's hard to get everyone in the same state, let alone the same house.

      Delete
    2. I am turning 71 next month and thought you were of similar age.

      Delete
    3. Not that far behind. Himself will be 74 in October - maybe that's where you got the idea I was closer.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the cast of characters! That more or less explains the who's who without demolishing their privacy. How young you are!! Such kids to be having all these adventures, moving, building houses etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often just let the idea of exact identification go and know that the numbered ones are your children, the grandchildren have names, and so forth. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete

  5. thecontemplativecat here. What a crowd you all have! I miss the family reunions.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have such happy memories of when we all got together. So many laughs among the boys but we must move on with life and things change.

      Delete
  6. lovely to pinpoint every fond name........ even tho I am a fairly *new* visitor to you.......I pretty much figured it out already LOL! But thank you for the clarification! Even as so many thousands of miles separate us (I'm in Calif.).....I feel I know you better now! Susan M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. The internet and blogging are wonderful things. Usually!!!

      Delete
  7. The cast list is good. I had one on my old blog and a link to it on my front page. It did get a little sad when I had to keep editing it as family and friends died, although always good to update when there was new family member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had to delete anyone for a while, thank goodness. I have been reading you long enough to almost know who is who chez Andrew.

      Delete
  8. A large cast of varied and different peoples.
    I’ll totally forget who’s who as soon as the sun goes down on this day.
    But you only mention a few regularly so as long as I remember those I should be ok.
    As for those I’ve met in the real world. Well who could forget those two lovely young lasses

    ReplyDelete