Sunday, 2 July 2023

Where as the time gone?

The days are blurring one into the other.

Three came down yesterday with the two girls. Amy stayed home to finish unpacking.

We took them up to the lookout and to see the block. We then went down to the Lakes Entrance winter lights festival. The place was packed and buzzing. There was live music and Sally had a ball dancing in front of the stage. Quite a few people seemed to enjoy her performance! Alice was a bit of a handful as she wanted to join in and kept taking off in all directions. There was a welcome to country done by local indigenous elders and a smoking ceremony. The parade of lights was fantastic and very well organised. We were able to go across the footbridge and look at the amazing displays of lights with wandering street performers. It really was a fantastic experience. We came home and had pizza for dinner then the kids went to bed and we sat up chatting and drinking wine.

This morning we went into Lakes as we had promised Sally a doughnut for breakfast. She had TWO! A bit of a wander around and then Three had to get back to pack up and head off home. 

We took Sally to play her first game of mini-golf. She loved it so we will be going back while she is down here.

The house is feeling like home. Still lots to unpack or at least mark as not wanted til the final move. Or, better still, be further culled!

Tonight Himself is cooking spag bol for dinner. Our first home cooked meal - I don't really count avocado and chicken on toasted rolls as cooking!

Tomorrow we are taking Sally to the Buchan Caves. They are about an hour's drive away and the tour takes about an hour. There are two caves - we are doing the easier one and if she likes it we can do the other one another time.

On Tuesday Himself has to drive to Melbourne to see his cardiologist. I am hoping he will just reassure him but I fear he might want to conduct more tests which could be a logistical challenge. This means that Sally and I will be on our own for most of Tuesday and Wednesday but I am sure we can find things to do. Mini golf! Doughnuts for breakfast! A bush walk that a fellow dog owner told us about. She wants to go to the library to read for a bit. 

I will drive her back home on Thursday and stay the night with Three et al. I am hoping to be able to catch up with J for a coffee before I head back home. 

And on Saturday I have booked an inkle weaving class. I am a bit excited about this. I have two inkle looms and have not really managed to get the hang of them.

So that is me caught up for now. 

And we still keep saying this is the best move we have ever made.

13 comments:

  1. Wow an action packed weekend.
    I’m glad your starting to do a course and get involved in the community
    It’s the best way to make new friends
    Donuts sound so very yummy indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cave tour! I've always wanted to do one of those. It sounds like you are settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed. It's only been a week but feels like forever.

      Delete
  3. This has been such an uplifting post.
    I didn't know there are two Buchan Cave tours. We must have done the easiest one. It was very good.
    The winter lights festival sounds great and that it was busy, all the better.
    I've no idea what an inkle loom is but how good is it that you are already joining in with the local community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting photos of the cave soon.
      The town was really alive over the weekend. Back to sleepiness today.

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised that you have inkle looms! Nor that you're going to take a class about the inkle. You'll meet local kindred spirits that way. You certainly sound as if the work and anxiety have paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there will be people from Lakes at the workshop. It is held in Bairnsdale which is about half an hour away.

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a terrific place you live in now. I am a bit confused- how far is the drive from where you used to live from where you are now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say, logistical challenges! But I'm sure you will surmount them. Have a lovely few days with Sally.

    ReplyDelete