Tuesday, 4 July 2023

Phew

Himself left at about 10 this morning to drive to Melbourne to see the cardiologist about some chest discomfort he has been having.

He goes back up to Melbourne on Sunday so he can be dropped off at the hospital at midday on Monday for another angiogram +/- stent. He will then either be picked up on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning depending on the +/- and will be home late on Tuesday. It's a lot of faffing around and we are very grateful that Amy and Three can help out with transport and a bed. Whatever the outcome is, I am hoping that it will put Himself's mind at rest and he can stop worrying about things and enjoy being here. 

Sally and I took the dogs for a walk. Just a short one because a) it was drizzling and b) Murphy is a right royal pain the rear when it comes to walking on the lead.

We then went to Kmart and Sally dropped off her colouring competition. I should have taken a photo first. Bad Granny. It is in recognition of NAIDOC week. She wrote a lovely bit beside the picture about honouring first nation elders and love and caring. I'll see if they have it pinned up and see if I can take a sneaky pic. I then went to the chemist for my second lot of eye drops and to register us there with our safety net information so we are all set for when we need to fill our regular scripts. Of course, Sally got a toy.

Then we went to play mini golf. It was just her second time but she has improved a lot. I just have to remind her it's golf, not cricket!

We walked to a book shop with the intention of buying her, well, a book. It appears to be a second hand book shop with grossly overpriced books so we left empty handed. To get back to the car we had to pass Maccas. I had refused to eat that crap here but when a six year old looks at you that way and tells you are the best Granny in the world, what do you do? I excused it as an opportunity to compare it with the one we used to go to in Langy. Lakes wins. Just. If any food from Maccas could be considered a win. I would have preferred a cafe but to be fair to Sally I am not sure that she would find anything she likes on the menu. 

After "lunch" we went to the library where I joined up. The woman who helped us was just lovely. I also got the paperwork to transfer the animals registration. 

After choosing some books we checked them out and Sally was telling the lovely lady that her mummy and daddy say she is like Matilda because she loves reading and libraries. The lovely lady started calling Sally Matilda so Sally called her Mrs Phelps - she was delighted. I think I need to properly read the book or watch the movie. It's one of those classics that I am very aware of but can't remember actually reading.

Home to read some books, play on the computer (yes, she does spend a lot of time on my computer but she plays games that encourage her reading and spelling and always asks before she hops on and before she changes games - and it's not like she lives here).

Tomorrow the doughnut shop will be open so there will be a breakfast run before Grumpy gets home (he is staying with Three tonight). 

Now she and I need to update her diary that she is keeping about her holiday and then I think I will have dinner and a relatively early night. 

Six year olds are delightful but exhausting!

And I must say also that I am still reading all my favourite blogs just not commenting as much cos of time restraints and stuff. Don't think I don't love you ....

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time together. At least Macca’s has good coffee
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're certainly kept busy as a hostess. She's perpetual motion, sounds like a happy kid to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I meant to send my best to Himself about the cardio care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that Macca's is McDonald's! Makes sense. And of course the best granny in the world takes her darling granddaughter there if she wants!
    Yes. I surely hope that all is well with Himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussies love to shorten everything! And if we can't shorten it we lengthen it.

      Delete
  5. Hope everything goes well for your husband. I didn't know what Macca's was either. I looked at their menu to see if things were different, a little different but not much. I'm glad Sally gets to spend time with you still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Daddy, I don't want to go to that cafe. They won't have anything for me.' Turn back the clock nearly six decades, 'You'll get what you are given'.
    However, I do approve of doughnuts for breakfast.
    I hope all went well for Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally sounds like the perfect six year old. You should watch Matilda at some point, it's a comedy and worth a look. Hope the heart issues get resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a tense few days until he has the procedure. I might watch Matilda on Sunday night when I am on my own!

      Delete