We have big skies here and I love them as much as the water.
I had a hair cut today. With a proper stylist at a proper salon with a hair wash and a scalp massage and everything. Bliss. I will be going back.
I had coffee with the Wednesday coffee group. I was anxious but put my big girl pants on and they were lovely and we had a lot of laughs.
I had a long conversation with One last night about family and stuff and a lot of things got resolved. His mother in law is barking mad very strange ... she suggested that they go away with One and Ebs on the romantic week end One and Ebs have booked for their 10th wedding anniversary (her parents are looking after the girls). I was hurt we weren't invited to the kids' birthday parties and the in-laws were - except they aren't, they just rock up.
For dinner tonight we are having sausages from the local butcher. They are smelling pretty good as Himself is cooking them on the barbie.
We are settling in ...
- Vet - tick
- Doctor - tick
- Optometrist - tick
- Hairdresser - tick

Your "big pants" were lovely? Were they pink and frilly or were they silk ones - embroidered with roses?
ReplyDeletePink and frilly, obviously, Mr P. Silk is so overrated.
DeleteSounds as if you're getting very settled. Family stuff, too. All good.
ReplyDeleteWe're getting there, Liz.
DeleteDo you think they’ll all be able to cope without your steadying influence being nearby? Sounds terrible to say - they’ll have to - you’re not that far away really, are you.
ReplyDeleteThey will be fine. His mother in law isn't really that bad - I just don't get her obsession with them all.
DeleteAnd colour I hope at the hair stylist?
ReplyDeleteNo, Andrew. She commented on my natural silver streak. I might have a bright green stripe put in down the track. Colouring hair is costly and time consuming.
DeleteDoes part of you feel relieved that you have put some physical distance between yourself and all of the family drama? I think I might.
ReplyDeleteYou have hit the nail on the head, as usual, dear Mary. I can go up and visit on my terms.
DeleteI remember the first time I had a proper haircut after children. One was at four year old kinder and one at three. I had the whole afternoon off. I told the young girl it was my first one in over four years, due to children. And they were so nice. They gave me a glass of champagne to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteThe sky is a beautiful blue. I’m envious
I had forgotten how lovely it is to have one's hair washed!
DeleteThe sky is glorious down here. I think lack of pollution might have something to do with it.
Sounds like you are very happy with your move, meeting new people is good....who are you using as your building company?...all very exciting....Peta
ReplyDeleteSo far no complaints, Peta!
Delete