Wednesday, 5 July 2023

Last day




It has been a very full holiday for a six year old girl.

She played another round of mini golf with Himself this afternoon (these photos are from our first outing)



This morning we had doughnuts for breakfast.


Once Himself was back home we took the dogs for a bush walk







When they came home from mini golf they told me that they had decided that we were going to the pub for dinner. 

Sally was most impressed at eating at a proper restaurant and wanted to know if they had butlers.

 


The nuggets and chips were DEEEEELICIOUS (as were the flatty tails we had)


I think the highlight was ordering her own dessert. I love how everyone here reacts with kids. So different from the big smoke.




Tomorrow we will be up early to get doughnuts for breakfast and a box to take home for mummy and daddy, pop into Kmart to see if her picture is on display, return the library books, try to find all her clothes scattered every way til Sunday and then head off. I need to stop in Bairnsdale to get my windscreen looked at prior to it being replaced and I hope to be able to drop in to see Angela with some quilting books I have for her. 

I will then return the child, spend the evening with Three et al and then head off early on Friday morning. I need to get home for Himself - he has unstable angina and is shitting bricks.

I will say now that I won't post tomorrow. Hopefully I will on Friday.

7 comments:

  1. I hope your hubby is ok. I’ll have to Google unstable angina
    I’m home all day. I’ll get some biscuits Baked for us to have with coffee. Glad the little one had such a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know how to give a girl a holiday to remember! What a dear little face -- hers, not the dogs, though they're not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really is a darling child.
    I sure hope that your husband is going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun visit. I love the pics of the bush walk -- I can imagine Olga on those very trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy! You will need a restful day or two once you return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally must have had a most wonderful week. Safe driving and tell Himself to not take on too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read shifting bricks and thought he shouldn't be doing that with isunstable angina" Your week with Sally has been perfect. I don't think I have ever had doughnuts for breakfast. Although I have had brownies.

    ReplyDelete