Friday, 7 July 2023

Home

It is a long drive to Melbourne.

There were some pretty awful roadworks so when I came back today I ignored my GPS and took a different route. Once she had recalculated the route she took me through some lovely country roads which meant I avoided some of the more tedious sections of the highway. I made the trip door to door in exactly 3 and a half hours. 

Our plans for Himself's hospital visit have changed. I am now going to drive him up on Monday, throw him out of the car at the hospital and come straight home. The dogs will have the garage and access to the back yard. They will be on their own for about 8 hours which won't kill them. I will let the immediate neighbours know just in case they decide to get their barks on.

If the angiogram is straight forward then Amy will collect him and take him back to their place on Monday evening. If he needs admitting she will pick him up on Tuesday morning.

Either way I will drive up on Tuesday, collect him and bring him home.

He is very anxious about this and I am sure it is contributing to his ongoing chest tightness and poor mental state. Tuesday cannot come fast enough.

Sally was very happy to be home but she did enjoy her holiday. I am always tired after entertaining her for several days in a row but it was easier here. More for her to do and we still have lots that she hasn't done yet so next holidays will be full of new and exciting things as well as the tried and true mini golf (we still have another 3 venues to explore!)

Tomorrow I have my weaving class. I nearly forgot about it! 5 hours of learning how to inkle weave. I will come home enthused or two inkle looms will be going on the market!

Now I am going to look at google maps and work where I actually went today then settle down and relax for a while. 

If you are ever in Lakes Entrance you must try the cherry icecream at the local ice cream shop. It is sooooo good.

14 comments:

  1. Can't blame Himself for anxiety about his situation. I hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It clouds the issue as to what is heart and what is anxiety.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Boud- that is an anxiety-producing situation for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a GTN spray which he has been using. I hope everything gets resolved on Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Heart issues are something to be concerned about, I understand why Himself is anxious over the tests.
    LIttle ones have so much energy, it is hard for us mature (it sounds better than old) people to keep up.
    Cherry ice cream sounds delicious. I have been having a few black cherries for my lunch dessert. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am walking a fine line between being encouraging and supportive without making the anxiety worse.
      I love cherries. They would have to be one of my favourite fruits. It's a shame their season is so short and they are so expensive.

      Delete
  4. Here's hoping everything goes well for Himself. I can see why entertaining a child could be exhausting -- I have a hard enough time entertaining my dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I can put the child in front of a screen for a break. I don't think Olga would appreciate that!

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed for you hubby and that it all goes well for him. The anxiety of the anticipation of an event is usually much worse than the event itself.
    It’s nice to turn off the beaten track and explore. You never know what interesting places you will find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the ability to turn my brain off over medical issues. His amplifies everything. I am planning more beaten track exploration!

      Delete
  6. I wonder where you did divert and which way you travelled. Medical issues hanging over you can be very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go down the South Gippy Highway through Tooradin and then the GPS wanted to take me up the Koo-Wee-Rup - Pakenham Road but the roadworks are horrendous - 40k all the way. So I went through Koo-Wee-Rup towards Langwarry then through Drouin South, Drouin and got spat out just before Warragul. Missed the boring road around Gumbuya. Then I bypassed Sale by going through Maffra. I want to try the Traralgon-Maffra road next.

      Delete
    2. Ah, the back way between Warragul and Pakenham. My father used to always go that way. Traffic on the highway with its one lane in either direction could be very slow at times. I'd have to look at a map for the Maffra route as it seems somewhat out of the way to me.

      Delete
  7. I doubt I will ever make it to Lakes Entrance so please post a double cone of cherry icecream to me at------ha ha.
    I hope the hospital visit goes well and your man is soon well and pain free, you will slow down a little as you toss him out of the car I hope.

    ReplyDelete