Monday, 10 July 2023

Relieved

Thank you everyone for you kind words on yesterday's post. It has been a huge day and I just haven't got the oomph reply to them all. This community means so much to me and has been a sanity saving place for me of late!

We left home at 8.00. Got to the hospital at just before 12.00 and I turfed the old man out of the car.

I then went to what used to be our local shops with the intention of getting a sandwich and a coffee for the drive home (and a quick piddle stop). The supermarket had said sandwiches but they were marked down as their use by was today so a big no from me (I like my bread fresh). I could have had one made at a cafe but they overfill them and they are too hard to eat on the road. So I bought some mixed nuts, a packet of white chocolate and macadamia cookies (yes, these are called cookies, not biscuits) and a coffee drink. 

I strongly suggest not drinking coffee drinks when driving over speed bumps.

I took some country roads on the way home and it really didn't make that much difference to time (like maybe 10 minutes) but so much more pleasant than battering down the freeway. I will repeat the trip tomorrow!

The dogs seemed fine. We had left them with bones. When I got home they didn't even register I was there until I opened the back door. It seems they were playing in the back yard. I don't have any more bones for tomorrow so I will hide some treats around the back yard and hopefully that will keep them amused. Once Himself is home they won't care, anyway!

Oh, and his results? Well it turns out there was nothing obvious on the angiogram so no need for stenting which means Amy will pick him up shortly and take him back to their place for the night. The cardiologist said the discomfort could be caused by occlusion in tiny arteries that don't show on angiogram so he will try some new meds. 

Hopefully now he can settle down and relax which I am sure will ease a lot of issues.

8 comments:

  1. Hello there. I’ve slowly been catching up on all your escapades. Come on Caro…..how long do you reckon it’ll be before ‘you’ get the time to settle as down as well and clear your mind…..you have to look after you so you’re able to look after others.
    Take care
    Cathy 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news in no further operations.
    Hopefully they find the correct meds to help him.
    Now sit and rest. Drive back safely

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a worry. I'm glad there's nothing big wrong with his heart and hopefully meds will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that your man's heart looks okay. I surely hope it diminishes his worry to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a good result! What a relief that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like good news. Hope you can both relax now and enjoy your new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's about the best result you could have. Great. And let's hope he feels better. Also calmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, stress about medical issues can make things worse.

    ReplyDelete