We woke to rain which was a bit of a bugger as I had a line full of washing. With the sunshine and a bit of a breeze it dried in no time (except for the pieces I dropped first into the washing basket that had also been out all night and therefore was wet - duh!)
Jinx has been having some issues with her nether regions. I may have mentioned this in past posts. She has had two lots of cortisone and antibiotics. I was hoping that moving here would help things as I felt a lot of the obsessive licking might have been caused by stress. She hasn't been licking much of late. I found out why today. And boy, do I feel bad. Her vulva is so ulcerated and infected it would hurt to lick. God knows how much pain she has been in having a pee.
We got an appointment with the new vet and she was thoroughly examined. More steroids, more antibiotics and a cream. Poor Jinx actually cried when he took a swab. She never cries. She also cried when I applied the cream. Fingers well and truly crossed the drugs will ease things very soon.
After that we took them up to our local patch for a run.
Murphy loves a run ...
The sky was, as usual, just stunning. Even with clouds ...
We then took the dogs up to the block. They haven't been and I suggested it. The universe must have been speaking to me. When we got there a site supervisor from our builder was also there and Himself had a really good chat about a few things. It made him feel that things are sort of happening.
The dogs got their walk on the block and did sniffy hellos with the dogs behind us. I think Himself was happy ...
I was on a suggestion roll (probably exacerbated by extreme guilt over Jinx's issues and feeling I have neglected her) so we ended up at Eastern Beach.
More new smells ...
Up the track and over the dunes ...
And another glimpse of paradise.
We let the dogs off their leads and they had a ball.
Himself fancied a hamburger for lunch so I opted for fish and chips. Look at how fresh and white and yummy that gummy shark is and how light and crisp the batter is. The chips were awesome, too.
A quiet afternoon and I even had a bath. First time in this house and it is so much more comfortable than the one in our old place.
Jinx is curled up at my feet. Himself is cooking dinner. I have a glass of wine and life is good.















Those beach scenes really are awesome. Sandy beach , blue skies and waves. Just lovely, like those awesome fish n chips.
ReplyDeleteIt really was a glorious day
DeleteWow!! everything looks so wonderful!!! fish and chips as well...is there an empty block next door to you?....Peta
ReplyDeleteThere are quite a few blocks for sale!!
DeleteThe dogs are spoilt with walks, and so are you. I am sure Jinx will be ok in a day or so.
ReplyDeleteYour were supposed to get the rain today that we received last night. What happened? You had blue skies today.
It rained overnight but then the clouds cleared. We are certainly spoiled for walks here.
DeletePoor jinx. Let's hope she does better. Is she getting her yogurt, since she's on antibiotics?? Anxious pet mom here!
ReplyDeleteI had to give her the tablets in cream but I will get some yoghurt today.
DeleteOh, poor Jinx! Bless her sweet little doggie heart. I hope she'll recover soon. And yes, you do live in a paradise!
ReplyDeleteShe seems a bit less uncomfortable today.
DeletePoor jinx. Don’t feel bad. They don’t tell us and unless we are looking straight at the problem we just wouldn’t know. Your on it now and I’m sure she will get better soon
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are fantastic. Love the ocean.
And that is not an area I tend to look at! She must have wanted me to have a look as she just rolled over on her back with everything there to see!
DeleteI am so sorry to hear this about Jinx, did her previous vet not do an examination? I hope everything clears up quickly and she has no more trouble. Referencing you reply above I'm guessing she did want you to see where her pain was.
ReplyDeleteThe sea views there are so beautiful. Mmm, fish and chips!
The previous vet did treat her but because she wasn't licking I didn't realise she had got bad again. Previous vet said if it keeps recurring she might need surgery. New vet, understandably, can't comment while she is so sore and inflamed.
DeletePoor Jinx, just thinking about it makes me wince.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are lovely.