Saturday, 9 October 2021

3 out of 4

So the results are in. First we heard Amy was negative; then Sally was positive and finally Alice is positive, too. So the four of them will quarantine together as Alice is only 3 weeks old.

The local health network (Monash for those in the know) has been in touch, did an assessment of Three's state of health and risk factors and have deemed him safe for home quarantine. They have given him a list of things to watch for and will monitor him by phone daily. I am much relieved. If Alice had been negative it would have been Three and Sally having a staycation! I think he was looking forward to it as he will have to look after himself, the two girls and calm Amy down. She doesn't do well being stuck in the house for any length of time so a fortnight will be challenging. We will be doing supermarket pick ups and drop and knocks. Adult and children treats will be included!

I have done sweet bugger all today. Not even weaving. Mindless game playing on the computer. I need to process stuff. Even though my head knows all will be OK, my heart is petrified and my stomach is churning. 

Two had better not ring with any bad news. This mother can't take much more!

3 comments:

  1. The way my family who live in your area break the rules, I am very surprised none of them have caught the virus. It must be a terribly worrying time for you. While there are people we could ask, including within our building, we don't have any close friends or family nearby who could bring us what we needed if we were locked down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good mate. I hope they all recover with no long term effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they vaccinated? Sorry to hear all of this, good luck. It's a scary time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete