I forgot to say that Three has had his first jab. He was due for his second yesterday. Amy is double vaxxed - 1st when pregnant and 2nd when Alice was a week old. The kids, of course, cannot be vaxxed. It will be interesting to see if Amy tests positive down the track living with 3 cases but being fully vaxxed.
Amy's step father returned a positive yesterday. They haven't seen him since Alice was born so no cross infection there. He lives locally to us and there was a positive case at our local supermarket. Fortunately Himself chooses to shop a bit further away with greater variety of supermarkets (Karingal). So that household is in 14 day quarantine which means the drop and knock is down to us. Even if they don't actually need anything I will make sure to drop off little surprises for Sally to keep her occupied.
I can't work out why we are having these surges in numbers unless it is lockdown fatigue and people just can't be arsed any more. It also shows that vaccines won't prevent infection but will make it less serious.
Two rang last night. Hooray!! All good there and Mads has a new job (she was made redundant in the middle of the year - not unexpected so no tears shed). This is in the same field which she knows well and enjoys. Something to do with streaming on demand but I have no idea how it works.
As I did nothing yesterday I will probably weave today. I am making scarves for Christmas pressies and this one is for a sister in law I am not particularly fond of. Maybe that's why it's taking its time! I have plans for my fave sis in law and can't wait for the yarn to arrive.
Earlier this year I dropped 10 kgs. I have regained 5 so the summer wardrobe I was looking forward to wearing is now too small. Again. Some of these clothes I have had for over 5 years hoping to fit into them. Never been worn. I know what to do and it's not difficult but the head is totally in the wrong place. Maybe by putting it down here I will trigger something.
Second cuppa calling and maybe a piece of toast and crunchy peanut butter.
Yes, let's hope the vaccine makes this not a serious illness. Weight? blah... I've stopped weighing myself for a week or two, it's too depressing.
ReplyDelete