Friday, 29 October 2021

'Twas a bit windy

 



The tree across the road snapped in half bringing down the light pole as well. The blue car is mine, the other is Himself's. Mine is OK, his roof is dented and the wing mirror smashed. They were on the street because we don't currently have a driveway! One of the pavers was standing in the street and heard the tree "crackle". He said he had heard that sound before and bolted up the road in the nick of time. Many trees down all over the place. Power outages as well. It was a doozy of a storm. Neighbours did what neighbours do and cut up the tree and cleared the road. The council will send someone to retrieve the branches and clean up what's left of the tree. 


This appeared on my local facebook page. It is so true!






Sally had dress up day at kinder and wanted to go as a Covid doctor. (Unsurprisingly she is somewhat obsessed with Covid at the moment and the Covid doctors helped her baby sister.) Her mum was up until two this morning making the scrubs. The gown is a yellow bin bag and the face shield is from Alice's visit to hospital.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It is much later in the day and the sun is out although it's still a bit breezy. Himself took the dogs for a walk this morning and came back soaked to the skin. Murphy is showing no signs of distress after yesterday's wee op. They sent him home with pain killers but I don't think he will need them.

Himself has his weekly zoom call at 4pm with his Men's Shed team. He must be mellowing as he said we will have pizza for dinner and we will have it delivered. 

At 6pm we open up again. I imagine the retail outlets will be swamped. I can't work out the logic of our esteemed Chairman Dan who has decreed that non-vaxxed people may enter said outlets until we reach 90% vaccination rate and then they will be banned. If, as he maintains, his decisions are based on medical information I cannot work out the medical rationale behind this one.

I just want to go to Bunnings and buy some seedlings. And replace my mixmaster.



2 comments:

  1. I can't work out Dan's logic on that one either. We have a long list of things we need to buy. Bugger about the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you don't understand. I thought I was missing something blindingly obvious.

      Delete