I found the above when looking for my daily quote for a craft group. It is so true. Especially at the moment.
I had my mammogram this morning. The woman who does it is so gentle. I guess it's not as bad as being checked for an enlarged prostate.
I have just ordered a whole lot of yarn to make table runners with. I am really getting into this.
The driveway is almost up. We found out why the garage floods - the downpipe wasn't connected to the outlet and there is a bloody big hole next to it. We found out why the driveway cracked. The reo wasn't laid properly. Himself is having a ball playing with the tradies. He loves to help and they don't mind as long as he doesn't get in the way! The cat is supervising.
As of 6pm Friday we are allowed to leave Melbourne. Just in time for the Cup Day long weekend. I know where I will be. I'd be tempted to go for a drive but I imagine the traffic jams heading out of the city will be horrendous.
Tonight I am stuffing chicken breasts with camembert and baking them on a bed of capiscum, onion and potato. I shall be as gentle with them as the radiographer was with mine.

Bloody mammograms! A necessary evil. I hope you get the driveway sorted out... ours is getting fixed on November 22nd. Table runners with wool? You need to put a photo of one up for me to see.
ReplyDeleteHey can you send me a private email re: The Cat Runner please? It's $30 plus P & P, but I can't post it until our bloody post office is open to international postage again.
Derrr... me email is: stewandchris@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThat stuffed chicken sounds good. I might need to google that recipe. I'm glad your lot are better after the covid. Enjoy your freedom :)
ReplyDeleteLynda, I made it up. Capsicum, red onion, zucchini chopped up. A couple of spuds zapped in the microwave for about 5 minutes then chopped and added to the veges. Coat them all in olive oil and bake at 180 for about 10 minutes. Slice the chicken open like a book and layer a couple of slices of camembert, close with tooth picks, add to veges and bake for a further 20 or so minutes.
DeleteYum, I might give it a go. I've never thought of putting chicken onto veges like that. Thanks.
DeleteRoads are empty mid afternoon on Cup Day. We always have to be home mid afternoon for my partner's two hour nana nap.
ReplyDeleteAndrew, I like to shop when the cup is being run. I usually have the supermarket to myself. That, and the AFL grand final.
Delete