Thursday, 21 October 2021

Green Ant Gin

 


With Fever-Tree elderflower tonic water. I was brave and drank the ants and their egg sacs. Grossed out yet? It's a really interesting flavour and not unpleasant at all.


* * * * * * * * * * * 



They're growing. I think there are three of them.

* * * * * * *

Yesterday I made Lynda's ginger crunch recipe. Oh my lordy they are sooooo good. If you like all things gingery then try these. Dead easy to make. I was worried the dough wasn't kneaded enough but then realised it's not a bread dough and just pressed it into the pan. So short and crumbly and yummy. Sadly I managed to burn out the motor of my Sunbeam mixmaster. Not the recipe's fault. It's been playing up for a while now but when smelly smoke started coming out of it I decided it had had its day. I bought it about 12 years ago. So I took out my trusty black and decker hand held mixer that I have had for over 25 years and finished creaming the butter and sugar. Now I am in the market for a new stand mixer. I have always wanted a Kitchen-Aid but really don't think I can justify the price even though they get the best reviews. The other thing is that I really need two sizes of bowls as I don't always bake large quantities but sometimes I do. 

* * * * * * * * *

Finally a question for bloggers - how do I get my comments to have a reply option? It is probably staring me in the face but I can't see it.

3 comments:

  1. I usually use much less sugar for the base of the Ginger Crunch but it is rather good isn't it! OMG, no way I'd have that gin but then I'm not a gin fan.

    To enable comment replies go to settings and then "Comments" and for comment location select "embedded".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like gin but I am not game to go beyond what I now know. The gin in Dan's is so colourful and pretty.

    What does Kenwood offer now? We had a Kenwood mixer in the 80s, given to us, so it was really old and my ABI Brother has it now and it still works. It mixed some very heavy stuff in its time. Our very expensive Smeg kettle and toaster were a terrible rip off. They looked nice on the bench but that was the best to be said of them. The kettle weighed a ton. Its lid opener quickly failed and the toaster blew up, perhaps three years old. The replacement Russell Hobbs kettle and toaster both look nice and work better, for one third the price. We have an old Sunbeam twin beater hand mixer and it seems to do everything it needs to that the stick blender can't do.

    You have chosen to use a pop up window for comments. I wonder if that doesn't allow replies to comments. But Lynda is probably on the money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can't reply to my own comment. Not Sunbeam hand mixer but Myer's own Heritage brand.

    ReplyDelete