Thursday, 7 October 2021

Tea

Whilst I have an intense dislike of green and herbal teas, I do love a good cuppa. From the two or three cups mugs of  Lady Grey (black and unsweetened) in the morning through to the Assam Bold in the afternoon (really strong with a dash of milk unsweetened) often taken with something small and sweet like a lemon slice or home made biscuit to the final mug of Lady Grey (with a slug of scotch and teaspoon of honey) taken to bed to be sipped as I read my book. Tea does define my day.

Coffee, on the other hand, is something I keep for catching up with friends so I obviously haven't had any for a while. Instant coffee is a hot brown drink; it doesn't even taste like coffee. Nothing is more disappointing than going somewhere new and finding their barista can't make a good coffee. Some of them are so weak you may as well drink the dishwater and others are so strong they are overly bitter. I have my favourite cafes and can't wait to be able to see my friends and down a good coffee of whatever variety.  A lovely woman that worked in the hospital cafe many years ago used to call a skinny decaf a why bother. I share her sentiments.

Another glorious day today. The sun is shining, birds are chirping and the blossom trees are blooming. The air smells sweet. Hopefully Australia Post is getting it's staffing levels back up after being hit with Covid which shut down way to many sorting centres. I am waiting on orders I placed weeks ago and yet stuff coming from Brisbane seems to get here quite quickly. A timely reminder to get the Christmas shopping done and dusted as soon as possible.

One rang me a couple of days ago. He has to have an ankle reconstruction as a result of damage caused by running through Richmond after a bevvy or three and rolling it in the gutter. This was years ago. He then slipped in the supermarket whilst running in thongs (flip flops) and rolled it again. Finally a newly graduated physio caused further damage and now he is stuffed. He sees the surgeon in November so hopefully will be done before Christmas. Kids. No matter how old they get, they still give you cause to worry!



1 comment:

  1. I don't normally drink tea but it is not that I don't like it. I drink one cup of instant coffee in the morning and I don't know why. It doesn't taste like proper coffee but then I would not want proper coffee early in the morning. Maybe I will switch to tea. I'll think about that. I quite like green Chinese tea but I hate that bright bilious green coloured Japanese tea.

    A friend recently asked me if I was a coffee snob. Yep, I confessed. Once I know what a coffee is like from a certain place, if I feel it is on the weak side, I ask for two thirds full, of black coffee that is. My partner complains about my coffee fussiness if he has to order, yet he has a 'an extra hot skinny flat white'.

    I've ordered something from Myer. Who knows when it will arrive, not that it matters. It is a pair of jeans, sale discounted. I knew the style and size. But who would know the colour is no longer black, but cali black.

    Sorry to hear about One. Running in Richmond makes you look guilty of something.

    ReplyDelete