Today's view was even better. I didn't realise until Himself had gone out and a question needed answering. We have two different tradies here laying bricks. In very short shorts. I am 40 years too late but looking costs nothing. I really feel for them. They keep finding issues with the driveway and steps. No surprise to us anymore.
We Himself buys bananas and then doesn't eat them. I am not a real banana fan and we had two very ripe ones. Normally I would bin them but I decided to make muffins. If the raw mix is anything to go by they will taste delicious. Cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg seem to be the secret.
Chris makes amazing runners and I have ordered a couple of cat ones. I am going to make her a blue and white runner. I have a plan in my head. It was going to be plain tabby weave but I think I will do a clasped weft with multi blues on one side and white on the other. Should be pretty. I just need to finish the last runner on my loom for L'arte and get it to them to see if they would be interested in selling them. As I have said before, I will donate them and they can keep whatever they sell them for.
Shortly, I shall go and pick Sally up from kinder. It's been so long since a) she's been there and b) we've been able to get her. Both parents must be double vaxxed for kids to go to daycare. I have real mixed feelings about these strategies. I would like to think that society would band together and take responsibility for keeping themselves and others safe but these days there seems to be only one side to the rights/responsibility coin so I guess the powers that be need to wave that big stick.
So here I sit, listening to the hunky tradies discuss the paving and I am so impressed with their skill and professionalism. They want it perfect.
Are they table runners?
ReplyDeleteMy father was a builder, mostly homes. He knew his trade well and although highly skilled, he wasn't fussy. He is rather a contrast to the professionalism so many tradespeople exhibit now, including my Tradie Brother who was once a carpenter until working in the hot sun got to him and he changed careers.
Society has changed. People will no longer accept vaccination as we once did against various diseases. The stick is required. Being unable to go to where other people go is both carrot and stick.
Yes, Andrew. Table runners. I should have been more specific. There was a time when a trade was considered second best to an academic career. More fool those who ditched Tech schools for Secondary Colleges. Now tradies are back in fashion and are well worth every penny (the good ones, at least).
Delete