Himself was up at sparrow's fart (well, for us it was - 7.00am) and took a load to the tip. He was about 20th in line and there were another 20 odd lined up as he left. He took another load but the queue wasn't as bad. Apparently bad weather beats Freedom when it comes to tip runs!
I got up, showered, made a poor attempt at makeup (brush on foundation and mascara - it's a start) and put proper clothes on. As opposed to meh they'll do clothes. Picked up a friend and we went to L'Arte for brunch with another two women from our craft group. I had forgotten that there are certain foods I should not be allowed to eat when out with grown-ups. Runny egg is one of them and after one bite of my maple bacon, egg, lettuce and mayo on a brioche bun I had dribbled runny egg all down the front of my noice top. *sigh* I can see this reintroduction to the world will take time! Good coffee out of a proper cup was ambrosia. I bought a couple of pies for our dinner and 2 vanilla slices for pud. Dropped Tracey back at her house and raced home to my safe place. Where I spent the afternoon doing not very much.
Himself is in a bit of a funk at the moment. I really do think it's the result of nearly two years of uncertainty and lockdowns. I will be very surprised if we ever go back into the strict lockdowns we've had and it's scary facing the future. Exciting but scary.
He took himself off for a drive and I did a bit of a clean and tidy. Scented candles and the first roses in a vase and the house feels a little better.
A stiff gin and the prospect of pies, red wine and good telly and the world is looking brighter.
We are living in strange times and should never beat ourselves up about our emotions and reactions. As table manners, it is not the best but I lean over food so as not to spill it, especially because of my shaky hands. Himself functioned well with two trips to the trip and a drive on his own.
ReplyDeleteWe have to go back to our old lives, but with some distancing and masking. Nevertheless, I am scared. I don't want Covid. My afternoon coffee was taken at a place I have been visiting since it opened and the friendly barista asked to check my Covid tick. I felt insult and pleased at the same time.
I would lean over my plate but I have boobs!
DeleteYes, things to catch falling food.
Delete