My guard dogs. I guess they are a tripping hazard if nothing else! And so neat and tidy.
We didn't go to the dog park today. They have had four really good runs this week so we took them for a smelly walk. Lots of smells out there today.
While we were walking Three rang to tell me that Gladys Butterchicken (NSW premier) had resigned as she is under investigation for corruption. The fall out from this will be interesting as she has been spearheading the race out of lockdown for NSW. Not great timing on many levels as she will also just miss out on some of the overly generous benefits our politicians get after serving for so many years. The only time they seem to agree is when their salary and benefits are being discussed and they never seem to object to getting more and more.
Weather permitting I am hoping to catch up with One and his two girls tomorrow. Lily might remember me but Ivy (who is only 2) will wonder who I am. I haven't seem them since early this year.
The Christmas shopping has been started. Actually I started it in January when I bought some Australian metal birds for my brothers. I have ordered some bath tonic with a cocktail for the daughters-in-law and I'll add some chocolates or the like. I plan to weave my sisters-in-law a scarf which just means I have to decide on what to get the three boys and their kidlets. And a couple of friends but they're crafty so easy to find things.
I frogged my knitting again last night. I have lost count of the number of times I have restarted this bloody jumper. I have some beautiful yarn waiting to be woven and my inkle loom ready to be warped and played with but I refuse to give up on this damn jumper. Until I do.
Gin and bath time.

Your dogs look exhausted by something.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about Glad's benefits. Interesting.
Aldi had some rather good wall and garden metal sculptures this week. I was tempted. We stopped last year buying Christmas gifts for adults in the family. We now only buy for the kids.
Please do not send me a knitted garment for Christmas and make me pretend I like it. Knitted things for babies I can tolerate.
I hope your bath in gin was good.
Andrew, our Aldi didn't have the garden stuff. I was most disappointed. You are safe from knitted gifts. I am not good enough to knit for anyone other than immediate (as in married to) family. Weaving, however .....
ReplyDelete